Monday, October 15, 2018

It's a first! Blog 1

      Hello, everyone! This blog is me making an attempt at mass communication on a wildly efficient scale. I have been realizing for awhile now how out-of-touch I really am with friends, family, and normal Mennonite society. This was driven home to me yesterday as I helped a group of ladies with the hurricane relief efforts. I realized that I don't really know how to relate to their lives, and they certainly don't know how to relate to mine. Any of my friends and family can tell you that I don't do well when it comes to replying on "chats" and to text messages... I guess I take after my mother and tend to procrastinate on things that don't HAVE to be done. At any rate, after some thought, I decided to attempt a blog. This way I can relate some of my crazy stories and give you a glimpse into my life without interruptions, and you, the reader, can decide if what I have to say is worth your time.  
     Most of you will know me fairly well, but, since this is a new blog, I feel compelled to tell you a bit about myself. My name is Vanessa. I am a 30 something "single sister." More on that sometime later most likely... I am a Licensed Practical Nurse by trade, and am planning on starting back to school in January to finish those last 3 semesters to Registered Nurse... I was lucky enough to land a job at the only hospital in my area that uses practical nurses in their emergency room, so I guess you could call me an emergency room nurse. I usually work about three 12-hour shifts per week. My off-days usually consist of time spent with my niece and twin nephews, an occasional surf day, very few shopping trips (mostly to Walmart for food), marathon Amazon sessions, and other various methods of recovering my sanity in time for the next shift. I do go to church on Sundays and smile and say Hi and occasionally I go to the youth deal in the evening in a weak attempt to stay somewhat current. I love traveling when I can afford it, which isn't often anymore. I really enjoy working out in the gym, just, obviously, not as much as I enjoy eating... ๐Ÿ˜ฏ I have a morbid affinity to blood and gore that most people find strange, except my coworkers. None of us have qualms discussing the trach loogies on the wall in room 9 during lunch break. LOL! I still have hopes for a family someday, but just trying to be useful where the good Lord has put me at this point. That about sums me up! 
     So, yesterday, as I did my best to be a useful member of the group, trying to tear up lettuce into the perfect size for sandwiches and gingerly dry it with paper towels (who else on the planet does this besides Mennonites???), I listened to the ladies discussing whether cheese looked sloppy sticking out the side of the sandwich and how to fluff the meat on the bun to make it look more full, and I realized how far removed from Mennonite normalcy I am these days... I've never used an InstaPot, I don't have the first clue how to quilt or crochet, I haven't been away to a wedding in probably 3 years or so, and all the people I used to "hang" with now are married with multiple children. I've more or less lost touch with a lot of the people that once I was really close with, like my mission families and my youth "squad" from back in the day. The last couple of years, most Christmas letters have dwindled down to nothing more than a Merry Christmas status on WhatsApp. I feel like I have more in common with the people I work with than I do with my own church family! 
     Now I'll be the first to admit that I have no one to blame for this but myself... but, the truth is, most people aren't all that interested in hearing about the misadventures of a 30-something "single sister," and one can only listen to so many discussions on the best types of flour and the merits of Liverpool, so I usually just defer to the peace, quiet, and tranquility of my memory-foam mattress over social deals. However, I do have some pretty amazing stories to tell, so maybe this can be my way of letting all of you into my world. Just a word of warning,... most of my stories will not be exactly the delicate type, just saying, it's the ER. 
     I can see that this is already getting long-winded, so I am going to end it now. However, I am going to give you an option on what story you want to hear on the next blog... text or WhatsApp me your choice! Don't expect a reply! LOL!

  • the roach in the ear and other roach stories
  • the Hmong shaman
  • my first time witnessing a resuscitative thoracotomy
  • the carotid tumor guy
  • the girl who was a guy who used tampons


18 comments:

  1. Well I don’t like hearing roach stories or blood and gore stuff but I will read them to support you because you really are the best sister and auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear them all! There are actually other people who have experienced weird things? Bring it on! I don't want to be the only mom that has a child who stuffed an un-popped corn kennel down his ear, or broke his nose running down the steps at the Oregon coast, while sucking on a lollipop! Or amputating his finger in an exercise bike at a thrift store... This is just one child... The rest have plenty of stories, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I give up! The word wasn't supposed to be kennel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I give up. It's not supposed to be kennel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nurse Ness!:-D Any of those sound interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your heart, Ness! You made me laugh!!This is awesome!!I love hearing about your life!! I wanna hear them all!! TELL ME MORE!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to reading your stories !! ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! You just made my day by saying you're gonna do this!! You are living the life I once dreamed of! And you know we love the gory stories over here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Ness this is going to be neat reading about your life. Yea I would like to hear them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all sound like very interesting stories. Be careful not to violate HIPAA!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are a talented writer!!! I love your humorous style, and of course, want to hear ALL your stories also!!! ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  13. All the stories... To enliven our narrow worlds of well the mundane....
    I don't have the guts to be a nurse but I sure admire those that are!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Of course we are very interested in your life as we have some things in common๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
  15. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,,  I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any ATM machine with a hacked ATM card??
    Make up you mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank ATM card now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address::{Automatictellers@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed ATM cards that  can be use to hack ATM
    machines, the ATM cards can be used to withdraw at the ATM or swipe, at
    stores and POS. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 on ATM
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for:: and also if you are in need of any other cyber hack
    services, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the ATM CARDS:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD

    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Automatictellers@gmail.com}

    Visit our Website for more Info: automatictellers.webs.com
    ®

    ReplyDelete
  16. Greetings....
    Check out these credit cards today. 
    My name is Robert Williams from California. A successful business owner and father. I got one of these already programmed Credit cards that allows me withdraw a maximum of $5,000 daily for 30 days. I am so happy about these cards because I received mine last week and have already used it to get $20,000. Mr frank Richard   of Creditcards.atm@gmail.com is giving out these cards to support people in any kind of financial problem. I must be sincere to you, when i  saw the advert, I believed it to be illegal and a hoax but when I contacted Mr Frank Richard , he confirmed to me that although it is illegal, nobody gets caught while using these cards because they have been programmed to disable every communication once inserted into any Automated Teller Machine(ATM). If interested contact him as soon as possible Email:Creditcards.atm@gmail.com 

    Whatsapp:+1(305) 330-3282............

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings....
    Check out these credit cards today. 
    My name is Robert Williams from California. A successful business owner and father. I got one of these already programmed Credit cards that allows me withdraw a maximum of $5,000 daily for 30 days. I am so happy about these cards because I received mine last week and have already used it to get $20,000. Mr frank Richard   of Creditcards.atm@gmail.com is giving out these cards to support people in any kind of financial problem. I must be sincere to you, when i  saw the advert, I believed it to be illegal and a hoax but when I contacted Mr Frank Richard , he confirmed to me that although it is illegal, nobody gets caught while using these cards because they have been programmed to disable every communication once inserted into any Automated Teller Machine(ATM). If interested contact him as soon as possible Email:Creditcards.atm@gmail.com 

    Whatsapp:+1(305) 330-3282............

    ReplyDelete


  18. Do you need any kind of loan if yes my contract Mr Anthony who help me with a loan just few week's back , i just need to share this round the world to let people know that there are still good heated people in the world today . I really lost money to scammers online all because i was desperate for a loan . Until i saw a comment about him , contacting him his not a mistake but a dreams come through for me . Now I'm a happy man with my family . Contact him if you need any loan at : challotloan@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete